RAC Approved Garages
Finding the right garage can be a daunting process. How can you be sure you’ve got a good deal, with quality work, at reasonable prices?
That’s why the RAC have created RAC Approved Garages. The RAC carry out several strict checks before approving any garage to join the network.
An RAC Approved Garage is an independent, good quality garage, that carries out a wide range of services and repairs on a variety of vehicle makes and models. An RAC Approved Garage offers:
Consumer Reassurance – garages work to the RAC Customer Charter and Code of Conduct (which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute).
Honest Pricing – consumers trust that all work required and the costs involved will be honest and clear.
Quality Work – any repairs will meet the high standards set by the RAC.
Exceptional Customer Service – the network provides friendly, straightforward and jargon-free service.
RAC Health Check
RAC has its very own branded Vehicle Health Check, which is provided to customers as a value added service.
RAC promotes to consumers that if they have their vehicle serviced at an RAC Approved Garage they receive a free RAC Vehicle Health Check.
The RAC Vehicle Health Check ensures RAC Approved Garages are providing standard and consistent checks to vehicles being serviced. It provides a professional means to assess a vehicle’s condition and present back to customers.
RAC MOT Check & Repair Plan
Get a free RAC MOT Check & Repair Plan when you have your vehicle serviced at an RAC Approved Garage, provided a Vehicle Health Check has been completed and any remedial work identified is carried out.
The plan covers you for up to £750 of repairs should your vehicle fail its next MOT test. This offers peace of mind that if your vehicle needs repairs to pass its MOT, the plan will cover you for specific parts.
Who is eligible?
• Your car must be less than 10 years old and have done less than 100,000 miles at the date the plan is issued.
• Vehicle MOT is not due within 90 days.
• Vehicles serviced by an RAC Approved Garage and passed a Vehicle Health Check.
• Private car or light commercial vehicle registered in the UK and not exceeding 3.5 tonnes.
• You are an individual resident of, or a company registered in, Great Britain or Northern Ireland
These are given free to all eligible customers who have their vehicle serviced at an RAC Approved Garage.
RAC Fixed Price Service Plan
This is an easy way for customers to budget for their vehicles servicing requirements. Customers can cover the cost of 2 years standard servicing and MOT fees from £16.99 per month. RAC collects the payments direct from the customer and when their vehicle is ready for service.
A lot of roadside breakdowns happen because motorists skip essential vehicle servicing. RAC research has shown that 75% of motorists make no provision to pay for their vehicle servicing requirements, with over a quarter of motorists paying more than £200 in one go for their annual service. The RAC Fixed Price Service Plan allows motorists to break down the cost of 2 years’ vehicle servicing and MOT tests into a manageable monthly fixed price*.
*A top up payment will need to be made if you don’t have sufficient funds at the time of your service.
• Simple and affordable monthly payments that make it easier for you to budget, with fixed, inflation-proof prices.
• Peace of mind that your vehicle’s servicing and MOT tests are met for the next 2 years.
• No deposit and no nasty surprises.
• All work carried out at RAC Approved Garages by experienced and trusted technicians.
Who is eligible?
• Private resident of Great Britain.
• Private vehicle or light commercial vehicle, not exceeding 3.5tonnes, registered in GB.